Salmon glazed in a mixture of sake, rice wine, and soy sauce.
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/4 cup Japanese rice wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more if needed
- boneless salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Combine sake, wine, and soy sauce in a small bowl, give a good mix and then set teriyaki sauce aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Season salmon lightly with salt. Cook, skin side down, until skin is brown and crisp, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook until other side is just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate when done.
- Remove the fat from the skillet.
- Bring teriyaki sauce to a boil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until reduced by two-thirds, about 4 minutes.
- Now add salmon, skin side up, and cook, spooning sauce over, until sauce is syrupy and salmon is just cooked through.