For this recipe I decided to make 3 batches, each using one flavour of Doritos (Original, Chilli Heat Wave and Tangy Cheese).
To be honest I didn’t really get much of the original flavour from them, maybe just a hint from the Tangy Cheese and Chilli…but it didn’t really matter as these tasted so so good.
- Chicken Breasts
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp white pepper
- One big bag Doritos
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Milk
- Vegetable Oil
- Butterfly your chicken breasts then cut them up in to nice finger sized strips
- Crush up your Doritos so they are close to being like breadcrumbs
Now set up 3 side dishes
- In the first, put 1 cup flour.
- In the second, beat the two eggs with milk.
- In the third dish, put the crushed Dorito crumbs
- Now add the onion powder, garlic powder, salt and white pepper to the chicken and rub well with your fingers.
- Let the chicken rest for minimum 30mins and then continue
- Toss the chicken strips in flour and shake off excess, then dip chicken in the egg mixture and let excess egg drip off, and finally roll the chicken in Dorito crumbs. Coat completely. Set aside and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat oil to 365 F, or until a drop of water pops at the surface.
- Fry for 4-6 minutes, until done.
- Place the fried chicken on kitchen roll to remove any excess oil.