I was recently gifted some Vietnamese Chilli Sauce from Me’s Way, so I wanted to promote it as best I could and also try it in a recipe…so what better way to try it than make something Vietnamese.
- 600g sausage or pork meat
- Me’s Way Chilli Sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- breadcrumbs (or panko)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 large carrot, grated lengthways
- 1 cucumber, grated lengthways
- 2 baby cos lettuces, leaves separated
- Add 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs to a bowl and add a little milk and mix till a mush consistency and put aside.
- Put the sausage or pork meat into a big bowl.
- Add 1.5 tbsp of Me’s Way chilli Sauce soya, fish sauce, 1 grated or finely chopped garlic clove, 1 tbsp sugar, pinch of salt, finely sliced spring onion and the breadcrumb mush and mix well with your hands
- Set aside for 10-15mins
- Cut your carrot, cucumber long ways but nice and thin and place in a bowl
- Add 1.5 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp vinegar to the carrots and cucumber and mix with your hands and let sit for 5mins
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat
- Now make your meatballs in your hand they should all be around a walnut size and cook the meatballs, turning, for 5-6 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Divide carrot, cucumber and onion among lettuce leaves, then top with meatballs