Lemon Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup Sliced Lemon Skin
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 0.25 cup White Vinegar
- 0.25 cup of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1.5 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Custard Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cooking Wine
- 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- Chicken Breasts
This is just for one person, if your making it for more just double up
- Cut the lemon skin off and slice into thin slices and place into a bowl
- Now Prepare lemon sauce: in a mixing bowl, add thinly sliced lemon skin, sugar, white vinegar, honey, lemon, and custard powder. Stir to mix evenly.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin slices and use the back of the knife pounding on each piece to tenderize the meat.
- In a mixing bowl, marinated chicken breasts with salt, wine, black pepper powder, cornstarch, custard powder, and egg. I personally like to leave it sitting in this for around 15-20mins.
- Now for the coating: Put flour in a tray so that each piece of chicken can be evenly coated with the flour.
- Add the coated chicken to a plate for when your ready to do the drying
- In a heated wok, deep-fry the chicken at oil temperature 300-350°F (150-180°C) until slightly golden. The key here is the wok or pan has to be at this high temperature before you start frying the chicken.
- Remove the fried chicken from oil. Wait a couple of minutes (this is to let the oil temperature goes up a little.) and re-fry quickly until golden. Remove and drain with a strainer.
- Pour the prepared lemon sauce into skillet, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir to loosen particles from the bottom of the skillet.
- Once ready plate up and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve immediately for the best flavour.