Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: makes 16-18 fritters
Ingredients for Chicken Fritters:
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese (1 1/3 cups shredded)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Extra light olive oil to sauté (or any high heat cooking oil)
Chicken Prep and Marinate
- Using a sharp knife, dice chicken into 1/3″ thick pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl. Tip: If chicken breast is partially frozen, it will be a little bit easier to slice.
- Into the mixing bowl, add remaining batter ingredients: 2 eggs, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup flour, 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella, 1 1/2 Tbsp dill, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper, or season to taste.
- Stir the mixture until well combined, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight which will give you nice and tender chicken.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp oil.
- When oil is hot, add the chicken mixture a heaping Tablespoon at a time.
3. Slightly flatten out the tops with the back of your spoon and sauté uncovered 3-4 min on the first side, then flip and sauté 3 min on the second side or until outsides are golden brown and chicken is fully cooked through* Repeat with remaining fritters adding more oil as needed.