Date of Visit
Visit & Vibes
I have visited the Roman Camp many times, and also done a few reviews so do check them out.
Today was the first time actually going inside the main building, and also the first time trying their afternoon tea.
On arrival we were shown to our seats in a stunning room, this had a great cosy and traditional feel and look to it.
The only downside I thought was it lacked a little music, just a very low volume music would have just given it that little bit more atmosphere.
The Afternoon Tea
- Haggis Bon Bon
- Onion Bhaji
- Falafel Fritter
- Gougère stuffed with Liver Parfait Strong Cheddar and Chive Quiche
- Home Made Pork and Prune Sausage Roll
- Egg Mayonnaise White Bread Finger Sandwich
- Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese and Cucumber Brown Bread Finger Sandwich
- Ham, Grain Mustard & Little Gem Bridge Roll
- Freshly Baked Plain and Fruit Scones with Clotted Cream and Home-Made Strawberry Jam.
- Double Chocolate & Cherry Cookie
- Passionfruit Gateaux
- Lemon Posset Choux
- Chocolate Tiffin
- Teas: Earl Grey, Assam, Green, Peppermint, Lemon and Ginger, Camomile, Red Berry
- Coffee: Fresh Filter Coffee or Decaffeinated Tea or Coffee is available
£29.00 per person
The Bon Bon was the first to be served, and it looked very good and also had a really good aroma.
The flavour was perfect and it was perfectly cooked, the haggis was not a strong flavour and everything worked extremely well together…I could have easily had lots more of this.
Then the afternoon tea arrived, it was the sandwich and savoury part.
Everything looked very good, at first I thought maybe I am going to be leaving here hungry after this but I was wrong.
Everything was a perfect size, for a bite and chat and sitting in the room I was very relaxed and enjoyed the first part. The sausage rolls were mega tasty, and I could easily had a few more!!!
Now the sweet treats parts arrived.
Extra points here as they served clotted cream with the scones! this is the way it should be served as it tastes so so much better.
Everything was very fresh and packed with flavour and come to the end of all of this I was very full.
This is a great afternoon tea and one I highly recommend you try.
|Value for Money||★★★★★|
Overall I can’t fault today, the service was perfect, the staff were very friendly and the afternoon tea was amazing.
I highly recommend you visit and check it out for yourself.
I am adding them here to my top restaurant’s page, so check them out.
|Service / Staff||★★★★★|
|Time between Courses||★★★★★|
|Overall Value for Money||★★★★★|
|MY OVERALL RATING||★★★★★|
The above blog post review is 100% honest and has not been influenced in anyway. Its a true representation of my thoughts.