A Luther Burger, or doughnut burger (among several naming variations), is a hamburger or cheeseburger with one or more glazed doughnuts in place of the bun.
YIELD 2 burgers
For The Burger
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Ground Beef (80% lean)
- 1 Egg
- 6 slices quality smokey bacon
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 glazed donuts
Extras for Candied Bacon
- Maple syrup
- Brown sugar
- In a bowl add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper in a large bowl and gently mix for 10 seconds
- Now add the mince and mix for 60 seconds
- Break an egg in to the bowl as this is your binding issue and mix well
- Let the mince sit for around 5 minutes
- Form your hamburger patties.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the burgers and cook until desired temperature, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Candied Bacon Recipe
Its up to you if you want to make sweet bacon, normal bacon tastes just as good with this
- Fry bacon in a hot pan until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Combine the maple syrup, and brown sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Return bacon to the skillet, brush with the glaze, and turn. Cook glazed side down for 2 minutes over low heat. Glaze, turn, and cook for an additional 2 minutes over low heat.
- Repeat until all of the glaze is used and serve immediately.
- Cut the donuts in half and lightly butter the cut sides
- Place the cut sides down on a very warm frying pan and keep until slightly crispy
- Place burger patties on glazed donuts, as the buns.
- Top each burger with bacon and two slices of cheese