Visit & Vibes
Every now and then I always take a wee trip to Edinburgh just to have some afternoon tea at the Waldorf Astoria.
Every visit has always been relaxed, great atmosphere and a really lovely afternoon tea, and it’s my favorite place for afternoon tea!
The staff and service are always good, and for me as soon as I sit I feel relaxed and at home.
I have still to stay here overnight, I am sure I will do that one day but today it was for the tea.
The Afternoon Tea
This was a different one from the previous afternoon tea but it sounded amazing and I couldn’t wait to dig right in.
A WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE £55pp
Best of 2022
ASSORTED SANDWICH & SAVOURY SELECTION
- Prosciutto, Sun Blushed Tomato, Grana Padano & Basil Mayo
- Crispy Duck, Rocket, Cucumber & Coriander Wrap
- Hendricks Gin Smoked Salmon, Lemon Curd Dill Pickled Cucumber
- Bang Bang Chicken Brioche Bun
- Red Thai Curry Quiche, Toasted Cashew & Coconut
- Onion Bhaji, Pickled Onion, Mango, Riata Wrap
PASTRY SELECTION MANDARIN | FLAVOURS OF ASIA
- Mandarin Jam & Tie Guan Win Tea Infused Milk Chocolate Cremoso
- IRAN: FLAVOUR DELUXE | AROUND THE WORLD Date Cake with Apricot Center, Apricot Gel Disk & Saffron Whipped Ganache
- CHERRY SPRIG | FLORAL Cherry Confit, Lemon Verbena & Chocolate Shortbread Pepite
- DOLLY THE SHEEP | SCIENCE Blueberry Mousse, White Chocolate & Coconut Blondie
- CALEY CREAM | BRITISH BISCUITS Sablé, Vanilla Flan & Whipped Tonka Ganache Sandwich
- SALTIRE | BONNIE SCOTLAND Chewy Millions & Irn Bru Ganache Filled Macaron
FRESHLY BAKED SCONES
- Selection of Buttermilk Scones & Citrus Scones (Van Gogh) Served with Fruits of the Forrest Jam & Clotted Cream
Firstly as you can see the presentation is lovely.
They bring you the sandwiches/wraps first then they bring the lovely table display.
I think this is a great way to serve as it means your table isn’t as cluttered and you get to enjoy the main presentation of all the cakes etc.
Let’s start with the sandwich/wrap etc all of these were packed with flavor and all were extremely moreish! my favorite was the duck and the salmon…I could have easily had more of these.
Now on to the cakes and scones…
Firstly an extra point as they serve the scones with clotted cream! this is the way it should be as it makes it taste so so so much better!
The scones were lovely and fluffy and with the cream and jam mmm mega tasty!
The cakes looked amazing!
I finished them all and wow! just like everything today each cake was presented really nicely and packed with amazing sweet delicious flavors.
|Value for Money||★★★★★|
Yes, it’s a little costly at £55pp but it’s 100% worth it, atmosphere, service, presentation, and taste are all 100% amazing!
Highly recommend you check it out if you haven’t already!
|Service / Staff||★★★★★|
|Time between Courses||★★★★★|
|Overall Value for Money||★★★★★|
|MY OVERALL RATING||★★★★★|
The above blog post review is 100% honest and has not been influenced in anyway. Its a true representation of my visit, and my thoughts.