I recently got gifted some chocolate pots from Pots & Co, and I kept the containers as they were very good and super reusable.
I decided to try and make my own chocolate pot, as I made this a few years ago from a recipe I found on the internet and changed it to suit my taste 🙂
Its not as good as their pots but its still mega moreish 🙂
- 25 g white chocolate (for the topping)
- 50 g dark chocolate (70%)
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
If you are not a fan of the 70% dark chocolate, feel free to go for something a bit lighter.
Make chocolate curls with the white chocolate by running a swivel peeler over the surface.
Or just grate some into anyway you like, as you are just going to use this to sprinkle over the top….its more a presentation thing really.
When you have enough to sprinkle set these aside in the fridge.
The Mousse :
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over simmering water or in the microwave on Medium for 11/2-2 mins. Leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the sugar.
- Fold in the melted chocolate
- Divide between 4 small dishes or cups, about 100ml in size.
- Leave to set for a few hours before serving. I leave mine for around 3-5 hours
- Sprinkle over the white chocolate curls once ready to serve.
Enjoy and let me know how you get on 🙂