I also added some orange peppers to this and Very Lazy pre chopped onions as I am lazy.
Feel free to experiment with the recipe below 🙂 it makes cooking more fun that way.
- 2 x Chicken Breast
- KMC Seasoning
- 1 x white onion
- Green & Red Pepper
- Dice chicken into even small pieces
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp KMC seasoning and 1 tbsp black pepper
- Rub the spices into the chicken to evenly coat the chicken
- Set aside while you chop and prepare the vegetables, I set aside for 10mins
- Finely dice the onions, red pepper, green chilli and spring onions, and set aside
Chicken Batter Preparation
- Pour 1 cup of cornflour onto a large, flat plate or surface
- Add the marinated chicken to the cornflour, and toss/move around with your hands until it is all evenly coated
- Do not let the coated batter sit too long before the next step or the moisture of the chicken will soak up the cornflour. If this happens do a quick dusting before adding to the oil.
- Heat 1 cup of oil in a large pan, until a little cornflour sprinkled in bubbles upon contact
- Add the coated chicken to the pan, and cook until the underside turns light brown
- Stir the chicken to brown the other side, and cook for a further 10 minutes; or until the chicken is cooked through and brown and crispy on the outside
- Remove the chicken from the oil and set aside on kitchen roll to soak up a little oil or if you don’t have any just a flat plate.
- To the remaining oil, add the chopped onion and fry on medium heat until it becomes to turn brown, then add the green chilli to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes further, stirring to ensure nothing is sticking to the pan.
- Add the red pepper to the pan, cook for a further minute and stir,
- Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp KMC seasoning and stir to coat the vegetables
- Add half of the chopped spring onions, stir and cook for a further minute
- Then add the cooked chicken to the pan of vegetables, stir to thoroughly coat the chicken in the vegetable mix, and cook for a further minute or so until the chicken is as brown as you prefer
- Remove from heat, top with the remaining, raw spring onions, and serve on a bed of rice and enjoy.