You might have purchased the microwave bags from your local supermarket, but I am going to say please do try this way.
The microwave bags are great for quickness and ease, but the smell of the warm bag can sometimes infuse in the popcorn and your popcorn can taste like cardboard.
- popcorn kernels (handful)
- butter 4 tbsp.
- Don’t start your hob yet, keeping the pan cool will give you the best result for popcorn.
- Melt your butter till its like a sauce
- Now put your kernels in your pan, and add your melted butter
- Give your pot a good shake making sure every kernel is coated in the butter.
- Turn your hob on to a high temperature
- Now place the pan on the hob for a few mins, then lift and give a good shake to keep the kernels coated. Keep repeating this step till the first one pops.
- Once the first one has popped put the lid on the pan and repeat placing it on the hob and lifting and shaking till the very last pop.
- Pour in to a bowl and enjoy, feel free to add a pinch of salt if required.