Here is a another Vietnamese dish I tried which included the Me’s Way Chilli Sauce I was gifted.
This is another dish you have to try its sooo good.
- 2 lbs shrimp or King Prawn if you cant find shrimp
- 1.5 teaspoon Me’s Way Chilli Sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 large white onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 spring onion (for presentation)
- Start by cleaning the shrimp by adding shrimp and salt in a bowl and giving them a good massage even if you buy them frozen (thaw first)
- Marinate the shrimp with fish sauce, Me’s Way Chilli Sauce, stock powder, sugar, black pepper, half of the minced garlic and half of white onion for at least 1 hour or overnight in fridge for best results.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil on medium high.
- Now add the remaining garlic and white onion.
- Saute until fragrant (15-20 seconds).
- Add shrimp and all its marinade.
- Cook until liquid is mostly cooked off.
- Plate up and garnish with sliced spring onions and a dash of black pepper. Serve with steamed white rice.
89 St Vincent Street
I have been to Topolabamba once before this visit, and I enjoyed the food, drinks and atmosphere but one thing really put me off…..the background music was too loud so loud I was shouting over the table to my friend.
I recently decided its time to go back for a second try and see what I think, as I like to give a place at least to visits before I decide I will 100% return or never again.
Visit Date : Sunday 19th February 2017
On entering we were shown to our table, and sat down.
The first thing I did notice was the music was at a good level, I could heard my girlfriend across the table and she could hear me (don’t know if that was a good thing)
The second thing I noticed was the restaurant looked a lot better, it was missing a few things from the walls that were there last time. So all the little changes were noticed and an improvement.
QUESADILLAS : (Except Chorizo) (Not GF) (Large soft tortilla stuffed with a filling of your choice & toasted)
Crab, Shrimp & Sweetcorn : £5.95
Unfortunately when I imported my photo it went corrupt, don’t know why as never happened before so I will try and get another one when I have this again.
This was a nice sized starter, you get two finger sized portions.
The flavour was very nice, the crab came over more than the shrimp and sweetcorn for me. The tortilla was just crispy, so it was good as sometimes they can be very crispy at other restaurants and flake everywhere.
BURRITO : (Not GF) AVAILABLE AS NAKED BURRITO (Flour tortilla stuffed with green rice, black beans, pico de gallo, queso fresco cheese & your choice of filling)
Shredded Beef : £6.95
The last time I had a burrito was at Poco Havana, so I had that to use as a comparison.
This was a really good size, and I could see it was packed.
I really wanted to say I enjoyed one more than the other, but here and Poco Havana were very good. This also was fully of flavour, cooked very well and was very filling.
Mexican Chocolate Cup : £4.95
There is always room for something with chocolate….
This was like a chocolate mousse, very sweet and a good texture…..this was bliss.
This was really nicely presented, and the cream on the top just added that little extra to the presentation and flavour.
I would have this again!!! mmmmm
Jalisco Blue £7.00
El Jimador Reposado, Blue Curacao, Lemon, agave Syrup, fanta orange
This was a very refreshing and very very tasty cocktail, I really want this again when I return.
Overall my second visit was a lot better than my first.
I have this big issue that if I have to shout to the people or person I am with over the music, you won’t really enjoy the time at the restaurant or the atmosphere. Tonight the music level was good, so I really had a nice time and enjoyed the atmosphere.
Food was nice, I enjoyed it and will try something different when I return.
- Child Friendly : Yes (only if they are well behaved)
- Cash/Credit Card : Both
- Service : 5
- The portion sizes & taste : 5
- Atmosphere : 4
- Value for money : 5
- Overall : 4.5